Last modified: March 11, 2017
Please also read OverHere’s Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
Information We Collect
OverHere receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You provide your full name, email address, phone number and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, birth date, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, and location to create an OverHere account. You provide us the phone numbers in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile picture and other social media account information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see, and communicating with you about specials and new features.
- Information we may receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if we provide you with the ability to access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the OverHere application, linking your account to the OverHere Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Drop. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. If you allow us access to your friends list, your friends’ user IDs, and your connection to those friends, may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use our Service as well as provide you with updates if and when your friends join OverHere. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the OverHere Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will remove the information collected about you in connection with that service within a commercially reasonable timeframe.
- Public Content: The information that you contribute through the Service in public section is intended for public consumption, including photos, videos, and text message. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to public.
- Contacts: You can invite your friends to join the Service by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which friends you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to OverHere long enough to process your invitations.
- Direct Messages and Non-Public Communications: We provide certain features that allow you to communicate more privately. For example, you can use Direct Messages to have private conversations with your friends (other OverHere users). When you privately communicate with others through our Services, such as by sending and receiving Direct Messages, we will store and process your communications, and information related to them. Please note that if you interact with public content shared with you via Direct Message those interactions may be public. While features like Direct Messages are intended to be private, please remember that recipients may copy, store, and re-share the contents of your communications. All messages and contents, including picture, text and video or any digital file, of direct (friend to friend) messages.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
- Analytics information: We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
How We Use Information
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Our Services. We operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services, and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
- Communications About Our Services. We communicate with you about our Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our Services.
- No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on OverHere. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
- Commercial Messaging. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using OverHere, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spammy experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honor the choices you make.
Information You And We Share
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Account Information. Your phone number, profile name and photo, may be available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
- Your Contacts and Others. Users with whom you communicate may store or re-share your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Services. You can use your Services settings and the block feature in our Services to manage the users of our Services with whom you communicate and certain information you share.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
Assignment, Change Of Control, And Transfer
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Services Settings. You can change your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users. You may manage your contacts, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Changing Your Name. You cannot change your name in platform. Please use correct name at time of registration.
- Changing Your Mobile Phone Number and Email. You must change your mobile phone number or email address using our in-app change number feature and transfer your account to your new mobile phone number.
- Deleting Your OverHere Account. You may delete your OverHere account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my account feature. When you delete your OverHere account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. Be mindful that if you only delete our Services from your device without using our in-app delete my account feature, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org . If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Law And Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, OverHere, or others.
Our Global Operations
Updates To Our Policy